Human Resources Service
To discuss your
human resources needs and
schedule a free consultation,
- Provide background consent forms to all candidates PRIOR to conducting screening.
- Federal, State, County, Local, Financial, Criminal, Driving Records, Professional Licensing Verification.
- Process screening once background consent forms are received.
- Assistance with drug/ alcohol screenings/follow up if results come back positive/ discussion about next steps.
- Coordinate results with authorized client representative.
- Provide recommendations based on results.
- Available to discuss how to use results during background screening phase.
- If necessary, rescind employment offers.
Submit a request today for a quote for Background Screening services.
- Fringe Benefits Administration: assist as needed throughout policy year.
- Be the “first call/email” of communication for the staff.
- Participate and lead annual renewal plan option meetings/discussions (review renewal options and provide recommendations).
- Able to liason with the insurance broker(s).
- Assist with strategy planning for annual renewal and suggest cost saving ideas and ways to ensure that benefits offered continue to allow Company to be an Employer of Choice.
- Available to draft employee communication pieces that outline benefit updates/changes.
- Available to conduct conference calls, Skype, Webcast updates to ensure team is apprised of changes affecting their benefits.
Best Practices & Compliance
- As needed telephone calls and emails to be conducted with managers.
- Employee retention & staff development/growth plans
- Cross training staff
- Hiring practices
Available to assist with Employment Cycle
- Employment application
- Interviews: What to ask/not to ask during interviews
- Background Screening
- Pre-Employment Assessments
- Physicals & Fitness for Duty & Hearing Screenings
- Drug/Alcohol screenings
- Making the employment offer (see below for specifics)
- I9 forms
- New hire orientation
Dispute & Conflict Resolution
- Employee relations/conflict resolution (assistance with all employee related issues: counseling, coaching, warnings, grievances, investigations, releases and terminations)
- Conduct workplace investigations of any employment related issues/claims as necessary.
Employee Forms/File Maintenance
Maintenance: Assist with the compliance
of employee files & personnel related
forms; maintenance of files/forms;
maintain integrity of employee
- Assist with I-9 Form compliance
- Train managers how to properly complete I-9 Form and collect supporting identification
- Train managers, at all locations, how to properly re-verify I-9 Forms or risk potential hefty fines
- Forms library available (monthly subscription service).
- Internal Auditing of forms, materials and collected information for compliance.
Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA)
- Fair Labor Standards Act Audit (Ensure all employees are classified correctly and offer letters are legally compliant and include correct classifications. (I.e. exempt, non-exempt, Co-op, employee vs. contractor, volunteers, temporary employees, interns).
- Hotline available for employees and managers to call with issues and questions.
- Full scope HR Audit available.
- Assist and provide direction where necessary for Job Descriptions.
Labor Poster Compliance
- Labor Poster Compliance (I.e. federal, state and local) Strategy to be developed to ensure that required posters are available for all states / physical locations where employees are doing business.
Leave of Absence
- Family Medical Leave Administration.
- Management of all leave of absence requests and any documentation provided by Company to employee.
- Help to ensure that if an employee is on leave, all insurance related missed payroll deductions during periods of unpaid leave are accounted for so that employee reimburses Company.
- Ensure compliance with the ADA/ADAAA.
- Provide recommendations for reasonable accommodations for applicants with disabilities.
- Manage the interactive process with employees and provide recommendations for reasonable accommodations.
Mentoring & Attendance at Strategic Planning Meetings
- Strategic Staffing/Hiring: Available to participate in annual budgeting process.
- McCloskey Partners, LLC is available to participate in management meetings.
- Mentoring & Coaching of Managers as needed.
- Assistance with training HR staff as needed.
- Succession Planning assistance
On-boarding of new employees
- When employment offers are made - available to help determine competitive package to be offered.
- Draft offer recap letters.
- Submit offers on behalf of client to candidate.
- Help to ensure that new hire forms are completed accurately and retained accurately.
- Assist in the conversion of hard copy onboarding processes to electronic. Integrate with payroll.
- McP available to process payroll
- McP available to conduct analysis of which payroll vendor may meet the needs of client
Performance Assessment Program
- Available to create schedule of when reviews are due and assist in ensuring that reviews take place (help to hold managers accountable).
- Assist with drafting evaluation form and review process (e.g. Self-Evaluations).
- Available to train supervisors how to conduct effective assessment sessions (and not be nervous… that is key to the success of the session).
- Review all Performance Review Assessments prior to the manager actually sitting down with the employee (McP should review the documents BEFORE the manager provides the form to the employee. Reason: Ensure the language used is legally defensible).
- Available to participate in difficult performance review sessions.
- Assist in creation of Performance Improvement Plans (PIP) when needed.
Policies & Procedures
- Draft/revise policies as necessary based on business needs and policy changes
Handbook: Review and update, as
necessary, employee handbook- federal
and state (Ensure high claims policies
such as Travel Time, Family & Medical
Leave, Drugs/Alcohol Usage (including
synthetic prescriptions/ medical
marijuana), Active Shooter, Parental
Leave, Cell Phone Usage, Social Media,
BYOD (Bring Your Own Device),
Surveillance, Workers’ Compensation
Rights and Responsibilities are up to
date to help ensure legal
- Handbooks updated annually or as necessary.
- Staff training on employee handbook; recommended to be offered 1 time annually.
- Review turnover and provide recommendations to assist in reducing turnover rate.
- Prepare Personnel Action Notices/documentation for employee to sign to support termination
- Discuss alternatives & timing, benefit continuation, who will attend termination meeting
- Assist in managing return of Company property
- Provide recommendation on final pay rules based on state specific laws
- Draft Severance release
- Reduction In Force
- Lay off
- Exit Interviews to be conducted by McCloskey Partners, LLC
Time and Attendance
- Paid Time Off Administration (Available to discuss and provide recommendations based on correlating all time off policies (both company, state and federal policies taken into consideration- PTO, Comp Time, Holiday, Time off based on years of seniority).
- Available to assist with general claim issues to ensure company’s defense is strong enough, within its control, to support denial of benefits.
- Preparation for hearing, document and statement reviews.
- Availability to participate in unemployment hearings.
- Available to review contribution/experience/delinquency ratings and provide recommendations to lower unemployment tax rates.
- File appeals on behalf of employer to adjust contribution rate.
- Draft Accident reporting form.
- Draft Workers’ Compensation Roles & Responsibilities annual notice for distribution to staff.
- Available to assist with the management of workers compensation policy & renewal.
- Claims management & renewal, posters, assist company in ensuring the panel of physicians is posted annually.
Safety & OSHA Compliance
- Develop fire prevention and emergency action plans.
- Develop active shooter response plan.
- Develop disaster preparedness plans.
- Available to assist with business continuity planning.
- Ensure overall compliance with OSHA safety requirements and general duty clause.
- Available to assist with OSHA recordkeeping and reporting requirements.