McCloskey Partners Customized Onsite Training
Crash Course -- HR Bootcamp!
Designed specifically for small-to-medium sized companies. In attendance will be business owners, professionals who handle HR as one of their varied responsibilities, entry-level HR employees and managers that in addition to their other tasks handle HR as well.
This Boot Camp covers the following areas and much more:
- Getting it Right and Recruiting for Results - The Hiring Process: from social media, advertising open jobs, reviewing resumes, interviews, new hire forms through orientation
- Managing Within the Law - the Red Flags to watch out for, the policies you MUST have and record retention
- The importance of the HR Audit… and what to do with it once you conduct the audit.
- Performance Management - Cut the emotion out! It’s not personal its business. Coaching, Developing, Counseling, Documenting, Disciplining, Delegating and the dreaded termination of employees.
- Leave of Absence - Employee tells you they “may” need to go out on leave…now what? Family Medical Leave vs. Non-Family Medical Leave.
- Workers Compensation - Safety 101/Avoiding Workers’ Compensation injuries/getting people back to work - The Top 5 Areas HR Needs to Know
- Communication / Conflict Resolution - Effective Communication & Positive Motivation - keys to retaining your most important assets
- FLSA requirements ~Top Wage & Hour Infractions Most Common in Organizations (Exempt vs. Non—Exempt, Employee vs. Contractor, Employee vs. Temp, Intern vs. Employee)
- Benefits Basics - Benefits are More Than the Insurance Plans Offered - learn what & why
- In today’s business climate, YOU BETTER HAVE Social Media Awareness – It is more complicated and more demanding than we ever expected. Not only do businesses need to maintain some kind of "online" presence, but they also have to ensure that employees and clients aren't bashing them publicly. There are numerous tricks for managing your business' social media advertising, compliance, and employees, which will save you time, money, and frustration.
Instructor led- classroom setting, Webinar
Get ready to walk away with the tools & resources you need to manage the HR questions that cross your desk!
The use of this seal confirms that this activity has met HR Certification Institute's® (HRCI®) criteria for recertification credit pre-approval.